We are happy to inform all our customers that the File Manager software tool available in your Bhutan Web Hosting Control Panels has been generally updated. The new version 2.01 contains more features and improved functionality. Since the very launch of the File Manager version 2.0, we’ve been carefully reading the feedback and comments you’ve been sending us, and since it is our own in-house developed product, we again put all our efforts to respond to all your requirements and suggestions.
The new update includes the following functionalities:
1. On the tooltips that you can open clicking on a file name/or a folder type icon, the ‘Download option is featuring separately. (So far it was offered together with the ‘Open’ one – Open/Download).
2. ‘Download’ action is available for selection also from the up and down Actions toolbars. The new buttons enable you to select multiple files for download. The chosen items are automatically generated in a .ZIP archive and downloaded to your PC.
3. Folders are also possible for download. The feature will be working on the same principle as the multiple files download.
4. Archive/ZIP option is also available for folders from now on. It creates a .ZIP file from a chosen directory, and saves the archive on the server.
5. Each file/folder information field is featuring a new type icon now. It gives access to the permissions set for each directory location, and allows changes to be made by simply clicking on it.
6. ‘Enter Custom Path’ – this new field allows users to enter the name of a directory that they wish to open. This option is especially useful for often visited host destinations, the name of which you know well. It saves you the time-consuming process of browsing through files and folders along to the desired directory path.
7. ‘Quick Links Path’ – if the name of the current directory is not fully displayed in this field, you need to only mouse over the name and a tooltip will appear showing the full directory path of the current host location.
8. This function will be also available for the file/folder names not fully displayed in the information fields of the File Listing Panel -mousing over a file/folder you can view in the tooltip appearing its full name.
9. Another new option has been added to the File Listing Panel’s functionality, giving you the possibility to view your files listed by Name and Size. NOTE: By Name can be sorted all files and directories, while the Size option will be available only for the files list.
10. Most substantially upgraded is the Plain text editor of the File Manager. Many fixes have been performed to be improved its functioning. Few new features have been added, as well:
‘Go to line’ field – this is a new input field where users can enter a number of a line and then, by pressing the ‘Enter’ key, move directly to the desired line in the document. This option is especially useful in cases when you need to edit something in a particular line, e.g. “syntax/fatal error on line 54″.
The Save and Close functions have been slightly altered, as well. Up until now, there was one button – ‘Save’, that was performing the whole action of saving the last changes and closing the window. With this update, a new button was added – ‘Apply Changes’, which will perform only the saving/applying the last changes function, while another one – ‘Save And Close’, will be confirming the saving process and closing the window.
Saving with Ctrl+S key combination is also possible in the new File Manager version.
Support for syntax check of the PHP code has been added, as well.
We are really looking forward to hear your comments and suggestions. We hope that the new 2.01 File Manager version will meet your expectations and facilitate your account administration and file management through our Bhutan Web Hosting Control Panel.
With compliments, from our Bhutan Web Hosting company